View Single Post
11/23/14, 3:32 PM   #42
Cincy Dirt Bowl

95% of Indiana TQ racers will say NO to changing engine rules. Trust me, I heard every one of those NO's just a couple years ago. The Honda 750 is still easy to get and plenty of parts available. People have been trying newer engines for years. It wasnt until this past season when one of the best TQ racers in Indiana tried a new engine, and had us all covered. This racer won a lot of races with the 750, but it just seemed easier for him to win with the new engine. The engine is a 2014 Kaw, built by Adams Racing from NC, and anybody can buy one If they have $18,000. I don't have that kind of $ to spend on a TQ engine. To keep the 750 competitive, the easiest and most affordable way would be to allow more CCs. We could go to 915cc with just a set of new pistons. Could try a weight break too. Don't count on any engine changes. Thats why there has only been a panel put together to EXPLORE new options. You can't really use the Florida TQs as comparison. FL TQs allow the 600s to use the transmission like a Kenyon car. East coast TQs run through the trans also.