View Single Post
11/19/14, 3:02 PM   #8
Re: king of the tqs meeting
TQ29m

DAD, the 600's I'm cutting are current engines, with the new tech in castings, and all the new tech stuff in machining, if you know what you're doing, they machine up real nice, plenty of places to drill and tap for plating the cases, and speaking of the Crosleys, and the transition to the Honda, I was one of the first involved in doing the machining needed to adapt them, another fellow and I did one for Dave Norris, about that time frame. I was having a seat repaired the other day, on my Mustang, and the trim guy was telling me that parts for the Crosley are still plentiful, new, and not all that expensive, he rebuilds them for himself, and others in the Crosley club he belongs to. You can talk all you want about the good the bad and the ugly with the TQ, but it takes a pretty savvy guy to build and maintain one, not unlike a full midget or a sprint car, you have to be able to think out of the box, and learn to do stuff for yourself, rather than just show up with your hard head, and drive. I realize there are a lot of guys like that anymore, but I have about 5 guys that are real good at both, problem is, work and wives are taking them away, so I'm looking to do something else, that's why I bought the Mustang, besides, never did have one, had about everything else, even a split window 63 Corvette, but never a Mustang, now I got one. Bob!