View Single Post
11/19/14, 2:24 PM   #7
Re: king of the tqs meeting
DAD

Bob

Your motor is considered "Old School" when compared to a modern 2005 and up designs.. The newer motors are cast in permanent molds and you wont find a casting over 1/8 of an inch thick anywhere in them. I had a 1974 Honda 750 bike back in '75 because a guy had thrown a chain through the crankcase. It was cast heavy enough all I did was weld up the hole in both sides of the block Machine it with a 14" rough cut bastard file and ride on. That isn't the case now days. With modern Ignition and Injection technology, it is time to get on with the program.

Being a relatively Young man my self, I say that The days of Mechanical Injection, carburetors and non electronics has come and gone. I like the quick change rear end idea, that is high tec for me, especially if you have ever spent an hour of so trying to change gears with a chain drive car when it is 95 degrees outside and you only have a few minutes to get in the line up.

I have a bunch of these 200+ horsepower zx10R motors laying around because they have big windows in the crankcase, and they are just too thin to weld up without making a big mess and probably throwing the main bearings out of line. I wanted to make a V8 out of them but I couldn't figure out how to cut that stacked on top of the crankcase transmission off and seal up the hole.

You guys got them High dollar Kawasakis running with you right now (We would consider them to be Old School Designs) You can buy a stock motor right off the bike at one tenth the cost of the high dollar motors replace the sprocket with a U-joint and go racing and out run those guy.

I have been talking for years, the new bike motors don't leave any room for improvements to the engine, They can spend the big bucks on their motors if they want to, but all they end up with is an expensive "Placebo", a big hole in their wallet and some guy with a stock motored car will motor right on around them in a race.

If tradition is so strong why aren't you guys still racing those Tin block Crosleys. ( I can't think of their name right now)!! Somebody in TQ's must have taken a giant step of faith forward a long time ago back in the 70"s. You need somebody to take another step forward in the next 30 or 40 years.

Honest Dad himself