View Single Post
6/24/22, 2:11 PM   #27
Re: KOKOMO SPEEDWAY - Big Smackdown news. $20,000 to win & M
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
WOW can you believe this?!?!?! Potentially $35K for one race for one driver/team?!?!?! Wouldn't this be a record for a single race in USAC history??? Wow The O'Connor Family and USAC have flat out nailed it this time!!!! IF Smackdown wasn't the biggest and baddest Nonwing show of the year, it is now (already was anyway haha)!!!! To boot, us fans have a chance at $20K...wow...USAC haters talkin about money and purse all the time, what can you say to that??? I personally will never be able to thank Funk and The O'Connor's enough for getting me back into racing and they all know why, May of 2017, "skunk man" haha!!!! I already couldn't wait for Smackdown, now I definitely can't wait!!!! Only complaint about Smackdown, we only have a month or two after that before racing season is over in this part of the country!! Thank You to The O'Connor's and USAC for making this an even bigger more special show!!
Right here above junior.......................USAC has nothing to do with the payout, this is being done by a promoter doing the work and many other folks including race fans. In USAC's defense they set a minimum purse which is still quite healthy, but they have little control over whether or not a promoter chooses to exceed that minimum and payout more. That's all on a promoter.

Good for your enthusiasm, but give credit where credit is due and leave love or hate for USAC out of it.