View Single Post
5/28/13, 6:15 PM   #10
Re: Midget Racing or Sprint Car Racing?
TQ29m

Either one is a blast, but in this day and age, the cost to get there is a big consideration, and either will cost a lot of money to buy, and since there are a lot more sprints, than midgets, it is easier to find a good buy, and more to choose from, plus the fact sprints run more races, probably a lot closer to your home base, so I'd figure about how far I want to drive to play, then take a map, set your compass on that distance, and draw your circle, and see how many of each are in your range, when I changed from go-karts, I was hell bent and whiskey bound I was going to buy a midget, in the NAMARS days, but didn't, TQ's were running a lot during the summer, and they were close to home, so I bought one, and never looked back, even built several, for others, as well as myself, I had ran a sprint car, and absolutley loved it, but with little or no help, the size of my shop, and my means of transportation shot that down. Lots of things to consider, I had less trouble finding a good woman to marry, 52 years ago next month! Bob