View Single Post
11/28/22, 5:05 PM   #52
Re: No return visit to Huset's for USAC
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
They didnt just cross promote, they ran at Little Belleville just across town. Quinn made both features one year.
From memory the first year the Gold Crown was a POWRi race,then the 2nd I think it was co sanctioned with USAC,then a USAC race from then on.

LOts of people were not happy with Little Belleville going against the Gold Crown. I even e-mailed POWRi asking if they could move their date,and in the same e-mail I inquired if they had ever thought of having a midget week.

Kenny Brown e-mailed me back and I later talked to him on the phone,and he told me why they couldnt move the date,etc etc. He was interested in a midget week,so we talked about that,and it happened the next year and every year since then.

Any long time readers here would know that I loved Little Belleville and made my racing schedule around when they raced midgets there. I was told by one member here that I wasnt a real race fan in choosing to go to Little Belleville instead of the Gold Crown. That night I went to Little Belleville,and was gonna head home,and then I thought I hadnt heard anything from Monica Clauson,so I went to Tri City and arrived just in time for the 4 wide parade lap. So I got to see 2 midget features that night,one of the many times over the years that I have done 2 races in one day.

Now the guy that said I wasnt a real fan,I saw running to the parking lot with about 4 to go apparently to beat the rush out of the parking lot on the way home........
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 11/28/22 at 5:07 PM.