View Single Post
6/21/11, 6:41 PM   #25
Re: OT-Tin Tops on CBS-Your Thoughts?
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I enjoyed the "reality" part of the show where the camera crews visited the race shops and talked about how these drivers have worked to get where they are. It reminded me a little bit of the "Dirt Knights" show that was just fantastic following the USMTS modified drivers on Versus. If they could get something like that going for late models, it would be great for the exposure of the sport. Last year I had no idea who the hell Ryan Gustin is. But now when I read his name winning a modified race at Cedar Lake, I know who he is and how talented he is.
The USMTS comes through this area a few times a year, and I am familiar with most of their folks. I also supply them with pictures for promotion and their website. The show (Dirt Knights) did a great job exposing the series (which offers some truly fantastic racing), but I think that the quality of the racing didn't really come across because of the format. That Gustin kid is something else. It is too bad that Kelly Shryock and Jason Hughes weren't part of the featured drivers. There is a huge rivalry between the two great drivers and car builders.