View Single Post
5/29/09, 8:51 PM   #3
Re: First weekend in june is a big one for the mscs!!!
racin jason

This will be an exciting, sad and memorable weekend to say the least. I am looking forward to going back to Morgan County Speedway as Kim and Billy West are great people. And there is never a dull moment of racing action at Tom and Loris Helfrich's speedplant Tri-State Speedway.

I would like to thank the family of of Mike Cunningham-his wife Emilee and 2 sons Dylan(3) and Kayden(1) for donating an additional $2,200 to this race in his memory. I know Mike will be looking down on everyone at Tri-State Speedway and it will be a race full of memories for years and years.

Mike loved his sprint car racing. He never missed a race at The Class Track. He especially liked the non wing cars. One moment in my life that I will never forget is when I went on a wrecker call with Mike to pick up a broke down car. He got it hooked up and we were on our way back to the shop with it when he said " da**it, we have to turn around." I said why? Mike said "look at what road we are on", I looked up and the street sign said 410 W. He said if the sign said 410 NW we would have kept going but instead we turned around and took a 2 mile detour.

I hope all you great drivers and fans come out to Jacksonville and Haubstadt June 5th and 6th.

The added money to the purse for the June 6th MSCS/KISS co-sanctioned race is as follows
1st place $500 extra making it $3,000 to win
2nd place $175 extra
3rd place $150 extra
4th and 5th $125 extra
6th thru 10th $100 extra
11th thru 15th $75 extra
16th thru 20th $50 extra

We miss you Mike!! You were a great brother-in-law!!!

Jason Adams-Tour Director and Series Announcer
Midwest Sprint Car Series
www.mscssprints.com
racinjasonadams@yahoo.com
812-664-8268