View Single Post
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #63 2/2/23 8:47 AM
Santa Fe Speedway (Southwest side of Chicago) Saw both WOO & USAC races there
Kankakee Speeway In Illinois for the IRA Sprints around 2010 / 2011.

Crown Point Speedway in Crown Point, Indiana. Track was known as Southlake Speedway and Broadway Speedway for a a number of years before the name change around 2000. Saw a GLOSS (Great Lakes Outlaw Sprint Series) show there I believe it was 2001 / 2002 also saw a S.O.D. (Sprints On Dirt) there in 2005. They had the the old AMSA Mini Sprints (American Mini Sprint Association) there a few times in 2001 & 2002.

They never ran very many open wheel l races there but I was lucky enough to see a few sprint car races at my home track. The track closed in February 2006. Miss that track like crazy. National Dirt Late Model Hall Of Famer Dick Potts was stated in saying that track had the best Clay I have ever raced on Dick passed away in 2014 after doctors told him to retire from racing at age 78.

-

I will end this in saying PLEASE go out and support you local tracks before their gone. If you truly love racing in general you would be there. The team I’m with has already hit one race this year at the Talledega Short Track in Alabama with are 604 Crate Late Model and made the feature for the Ice Bowl in early January. Meeting NASCAR Hall Of Famer Red Farmer was a weekend Highlight.

All 3 tracks where primarily stock car tracks.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, JJMooney, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner, TNRustler