View Single Post
8/4/13, 8:30 PM   #67
Re: Hoosier Sprint Nationals
Morgan7m

I agree, the miscommunication between Mattox and Cummins is an “understatement”. Looks to me like Cummins was too nice and took for granted his communication on the yellow with Mattox was good enough. We all saw that it unfortunately wasn’t.

When Cummins thinks about it now, he probably regrets not giving a “hand signaling butt chewing” on the yellow, before getting knocked out by him. Because if we think about it, Mattox was running the low to middle groove on both ends of the track until about 3 laps before the yellow. Mattox gets the lay-over flag a few laps in a row (probably 3 laps or more) and KTjr and Stockon absolutely fly past him on the rim with Cummins in very close pursuit of Stockon. What happened?? Mattox decides to move up in the way and run the rim while getting the lay-over flag over and over holding up Cummins and putting him in a position to either risk his spot and car with a slide-job on Mattox or wait until Mattox makes a mistake which will happen.

The yellow comes out and I bet whoever was running the receiver communication to the drivers wished they would have reminded the drivers what the lay-over flag meant because Mattox sure wasn’t heeding to it.

In my opinion, Mattox was owed a personal tutoring class in communication after the race by Cummins and possibly Stanbrough and Wes Mac. When a lapped car knocks out a potential contender for the win because of poor race ethics, is sad and uncalled for. When you’re that much slower than the leaders and getting lapped before the halfway point, it’s time to stay out of their way instead of moving up in between them.

Another fantastic race night at haubstadt. Thanks again, Tommy and Team.

Just my opinion.
Ray Morgan