View Single Post
11/25/14, 2:25 PM   #68
Re: king of the tqs meeting
DAD

Bob

Agreed. Competition is a very good thing. It gets rid of the weak and builds up the strong. When organizations get into themselves and start making rules or decisions with the favored golden hair racers in mind, other racers seem to take offense and start looking for other ways to devote their efforts. I have seen this happen too many times in the past.

I understand your efforts to thwart the development of the newer engines. The Honda 750 had a very long run from 1969 to about 2003. There are a zillion of them out there many waiting to be found and raced.

The Mini Sprint people are starting to go down this same way of thinking, they now wanting to ban any motor that is less than two years old from racing, and some motors would be banned all together because "so and so" thinks they would be too fast and pose unfair competition. None of our motor have ever had the longevity of the 750 Honda and no other motor will probably ever live up to its record.

I always thought that we raced to improve the breed. To make things work better, faster, and maybe even last longer. I can not understand why people are so afraid of change if it is changing for the better. If an Engine, Race organization, chassis design, or even tire or wheel is not working up to a very high standards we need to replace it with something that does. Just to go along to be going along is against my nature and I apologize for venting on you TQ racers.

You have a very talented guy in charge right now and I am confident he will do what is needed to keep you guys on top and going strong.

I just tried to throw out a few what if's to get you guys thinking and get the old juices flowing.

I think they are almost boiling.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/25/14 at 2:29 PM.