View Single Post
8/12/22, 2:57 PM   #33
Re: Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
Sorry I don't drink. And I hope I am worked up over nothing. But I really don't see anybody. From out East. Going from Knoxville. To Indiana, and then going back to Jackson. Especially with the cost of diesel fuel now. The whole reason for scheduling Jackson After Knoxville was so teams could just stick around and run Jackson. You're right. Maybe they will go to Indiana and then back to Jackson. I hope you are right. But I don't think that's gonna happen. I think Jackson is gonna end up with less than 40 cars again. I honestly think Tod Quiring is gonna say. I'm not had a enough. I've tried everything I can. And paid out enough money to make this work, and it's not. That's it. I'm done with it. And I can't blame him. He spent millions of dollars. And built two of the nicest facilities in the country. It has one of the top race teams in the country. And is one of the biggest promoters of sprint car racing in the country. And Larson and sweet do. This to him. I personally think it's a crappy deal. Obviously you don't. I guess we'll see who's right. If a decent field, a car show up at Jackson, I'm wrong, you will be right? If they get in the 30s for car count, I guess I'll be right. We'll find out next week. Glen Murra
Seems to me like Sweet and Larson are taking a pretty good risk too. West central Indiana isn't exactly a wing hot spot. If teams from back east are going to stay an extra week, they will still do it. I doubt that many that are only running Knoxville, are going to hang out for a few more days to run one night in Indiana. Putnamville is a bullring, which those guys don't run many of those. For as much as I hear about how strong racing is in your area, it seems tracks could draw more than 40 cars from a 200 to 300 mile radius. How many guys run Jackson regularly?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, ginblueearth