View Single Post
4/18/24, 7:34 AM   #14
Re: USAC Insurace for drivers
hoscalecody

One more issue to be worried about is how the police report the accident. I guess, after talking to a friend of mine that was air lifted out of the track multiple years ago. (Non USAC event though) The police do a report on it, I guess at least since the helicopter was called in. Officer wrote it as an auto accident with no vehicle insurance. Instead of an all terrain vehicle/racing accident. Due to that issue, his personal insurance wouldn't cover any expenses including helicopter ride. OUCH.

I can't speak on if police do a report on all accidents where someone is transported out of the track or not. I have no experience with that, due to I was an idiot and refused all medical treatment. Very stupid, especially since I've learned years later that I broke my back, neck and have some brain damage from the swelling. All of which could've possibly been treated if I went to the hospital. What makes all that worse is I had a USAC license and was technically at event, so that would've helped with all the cost. All of forced me to retire from racing in 2023.

Let that be a lesson to everyone that does race. Don't be a stubborn idiot, go get checked out.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 4/18/24 at 10:05 AM.

2 members like this post: CRA91, Ilovedirttrackracing