View Single Post
DAD (Offline)
  #38 8/5/14 6:39 AM
"If my fifty year Stockton research has shown me anything, it's the fact that every new division born to racing comes complete with 'cancer', and the day it's born is the same day it starts to die. Each new division is cheap to run, easy to maintain, provides lots of cars, crash and bang action, and attracts new fans, and then somebody says "let me improve that", "Let me upgrade this", " Let me add this", and very soon the cost factors are out of control and the division dies a sad death."

All of us who have been around this sport have seen this happen time and time again............[/QUOTE]

Ken

That quote take a little while to sink in. It is indeed very true in many respects, however in-spite of this cancer the strong have somehow managed to survive. The best examples I can think of would be Sprint Cars, Midgets, Quarter Midgets and even the lowly little Go Kart. They may ebb and tide over the seasons, but just when things look hopeless something or someone come back and pulls them back up. I have seen it happen in Mini Sprints, I have seen it happen in Go Karts several times in my lifetime, Midgets are in flux right now suffering with this economy and lack of interest.

Thank God that Guys like Kenny Brown of PowerI , Harold Hunter of Montpelier Speedway and several other people around the USA who have come up with Ideas that somehow give a breath of fresh air back into class of race car that I so dearly love.

Honest Dad himself
2 Likes: DOK, Ken Bonnema