View Single Post
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #43 8/16/22 4:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ilovedirttrackracing:
Aq that was a great racing fundraising event that you had for the racing drivers. Our racing family put in a couple of bills in that hat when you were going through the camping lots and the fans. It's people like you that made many Kodak moments and life time memories. Can you recall what you gave out to the drivers and teams when you done this event. It was great. Thanks. Hopefully that you can make it up to Kokomo next weekend and say hi ��. Lol. Thanks ��.
2012 when this was made we gave out $1000.37,and the next year I think it was $1500 and change too.

Very lucky Bob and Monica Clauson took the bucket around everywhere in their travels,as their motorhome was a gathering spot for many,including myself. In my mind they made the whole thing happen. Danny Burton's grandson Karston helped both years handing the money to the drivers.

After that was when I started losing interest in racing,which is no one's fault. Health reasons I would find out later. Monica got after me in 2014 to do it again in 2015,but it never happened.

I always thought if there was a hot chick that was good with people we could have raised a ton more money. Unfortunately I dont know any hot chicks in Indiana.

It still could be done. I know Danny Burton has collected $$$ and given it out too on short notice,and he raised quite a few dollars as well.

2013 was 1550 and change https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=71689
3 Likes: cowboyhar69, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97