View Single Post
1/25/23, 5:07 PM   #11
Re: Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED....
Will Shunk

[QUOTE=DirtTrackTherapy16J;561423]I refuse to pat someone on the back that doesn't deserve it much less say thank you for running a track into the ground in 1 season that someone else worked their tail off and took 4 years to build up.

Attending racing @ GC since 1998, I've seen 4000 fans and 400 fans in the stands whether it was Jiggs, Jerry, or Larry. Running a race track is a total crap shoot. That is one reason why EVERYONE on this board is NOT doing it! My Take on 2022.

April 18, 2022 Jerry takes a level up job with Eldora and Jack is now looking for a promoter 10 days before the April 28 test & tune and a few weeks before the May 7 opener. In hindsight, Jack should have shut it down and everyone on this board would have screamed murder. No, he seeks Larry Boos who already has The Rumble, Winchester Speedway, and stepped up for Harold to run Montpelier Speedway. Larry inherits a schedule, events, and a staff not of his choosing. The ultimate substitute teacher gig, walk in cold and make it happen.

Larry now adds a 20 event schedule to his plate. Why, I don't know. Maybe because he did it for the teams, drivers, employees, and fans. He rallies the troops together and WE get to see racing at Gas City in 2022. THANK YOU! I had 14 penciled in on my schedule but rain, threat of rain, and illness limited me from venturing 320 round trip miles to support GC on 7 of those 14. Probably rings true for many, as the stands were sparse most Fridays that I could attend. This view was expressed by those around me each week and the fear of what might be lost.

I don't race or work at GC Speedway so I have no knowledge of what was promised by Jerry or Larry to his staff, the teams, etc. for 2022. What I do know is that Larry Boos has been involved in successful promotion of tracks and series for DECADES at a variety of different levels of responsibility.

I am sad if people feel like they were denied certain classes of racing action, payouts, points $, purse $, their a$$ wasn't kissed in the same manner as the past, BUT I for one am so very glad that I was able to attend another exciting year of racing action at the Gas City I-69 Speedway in 2022. If GC races, I will see you all in 2023!