View Single Post
8/2/14, 8:23 AM   #9
Re: Montpelier Speedway Midget Series Returns Sat. August 2
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget18 View Post
Let's be honest dad.... Would you show up? You always talk about the price of gas, not being close enough to you, etc... Don't mean to start anything just asking because you have been to 1 race in the 2-1/2 years

Midget

Best I can remember we outrun you that night you are speaking of and then blew the motor up right at the checkered flag?

It is about a 300 mile trip for us to drive up there. Do you all travel that far to race? Gas and Money does seem to be a problem with us and many other Americans at this point in time. I might and might not show up to race. We had planed to drive up to Montpelier tonight to race with AJ and You guys but guess mother nature put an end to that deal.

I really wasn't thinking about us only. There are a ton of racers that would love to race Midgets. If someone could come up with stock block head program for a Midget that would be less expensive than a purpose built Midget motor and be cheaper to maintain it MIGHT JUST ENCOURAGE A FEW MORE MIDGET RACERS TO BUILD RACE CARS>> that is the purpose of my little discussion. You guys with the older purpose built Midget motor know the cost of racing on the cheap and there is no way you could expect to run with a newer motor. These little V6's have the potential to out run those old archaic designs.

Harold with his rule package as it is now seems to be encouraging experimentation with motor packages and if that is the case >>>who knows we might ride up there to race with youall.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/2/14 at 8:31 AM.

1 member likes this post: rcman