View Single Post
8/11/22, 10:37 PM   #29
Re: Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear
ginblueearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Splitting up the car count is good for the racers. If all the same cars show up for all the big races, the same guys take home all the money. I know when I show up I would rather go home with 1000 for starting the A than 200 for running the B. If 100 cars show up, 76 guys go home with pocket change. If 2 tracks run and pay well, and each gets 50 cars, 48 cars get some decent money, 2 guys get big money and only 52 guys go home with pocket change. Option B sounds like a better way to grow the sport to me.
If that's how it works out, it'll be great. But if I remember right back when the USA Deal happened. There were times when they ran against the. Outlaws. On the same night. And I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen this time. But if it does, they could have small fields of cars. When it happened back then, I can remember them having less than 20 cars at each race. I think there are even a couple times they were down in the teens. For car count. Now, no promoter is gonna get away with charging 35 or 40 bucks for that. But I guess, like you say, everybody's gonna make good money. For a while, anyhow, Glen Murra