View Single Post
2/3/23, 10:35 AM   #90
Re: Something different. Sprint races at tracks most never
JJMooney

RE: Belle-Clair...
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
C'mon, plenty of us have been there, even tho I live probably 900 miles away..... cool track!
Now, hang on. Midgets at Belle-Clair – yes. Plenty of people on this board have been to Belle-Clair for midgets. SPRINT CARS at Belle-Clair? I’m guessing not many have seen that. Sprint cars have only been to Belle-Clair a handful of times. I was there for a few of them:

7/29/99: Winged sprint cars raced at Belle-Clair during the St Clair County Fair on a Thursday night. I didn't even know about this show until the morning of the event. I just happened to hear a radio ad for it. Jerrod Hull won. There may have been 14-15 cars, mostly Farmington regulars and a few Jacksonville cars. Small crowd. This was back when the wooden wall encircled the whole track. As you can imagine, it was interesting, sketchy, scary and entertaining all at the same time.

7/22/04: The All-Star Circuit of Champions had a show at Belle-Clair that ultimately got rained out. They got it hot laps, then they were two cars into qualifications before the skies let loose. The race was never rescheduled.

4/15/16: The WAR series had a show that was the first time ever non-wing sprints were at Belle-Clair. Good field – over 20 cars. Really entertaining feature. Joe B. Miller won. WAR had other shows scheduled at Belle-Clair. 2017 was rained out. I think they did come back in 2018 but not sure if that one ran or was rained out too. I wasn’t there for that one.
Last edited by JJMooney; 2/3/23 at 10:36 AM.