View Single Post
9/30/22, 8:12 AM   #24
Re: FLO, Even I have a problem with this.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
I can tell you this, I have specifically talked with a few track owners. #1 thing that Flo has proven, our audience is not as big as everyone thought it was. When a track has a sell out crowd, many in that crowd are once or twice a year fans. Watch the interview with Josh King from Florence Speedway. His most profitable events didn't even have a late model on the track.
Like someone else said, great we get 1500 or 2000 people to watch the event. How many are really within driving distance? I'm going to throw something out there that has killed several tracks for me RAIN OUT POLICY!!! My schedule is beyond crazy. I am lucky if I am able to make it to the same track twice in 1 year. Almost everyone wants you to use your ticket at the next show or another race. Some reschedule, which knocks me out as well. So if the weather looks iffy, Im staying home or going to a different track. Flo has gotten me to go to tracks that I have never been to.
Interesting for sure. Also thirty years ago we had enough LM's to have more than full fields at three tracks in the tri state. Brownstown, Burg and Florence.