View Single Post
9/25/22, 12:39 PM   #20
Re: Did USAC mess up or does blame go elsewhere?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Have you ever been to a USAC race. For whatever reason for a stock car guy you have a real ax to grind. How many hours a day are you on social media?

Personally, I find it funny folks call me a stock car guy like there something wrong with that.
I don't consider myself that at all.
Folks questing weather I've actually seen a USAC race is even funnier.
Been to both the Smackdown and Kokomo Grand Prix on multiple occasions.
Seen USAC races at Kokomo Speedway, Gas City I-69 Speedway, Lincoln Park Speedway, Santa Fe Sppedway, Illiana Motor Speedway, LaSalle Speedway, 34 Raceway Speedway (during pandemic), Lincoln Speedway (IL), Indianapolis Raceway Park (Thursday Night Thunder) just to name a few.
Saw a USAC race at Illiana years ago and now that track is closed.
Seen a few USAC races at Santa Fe Speedway on the southwest side of Chicago (93rd & Wolf Road) years ago and that track has been closed since late 1995.
Saw the USAC Midgets at Lincoln Speedway in Illinois that was part of a UMP Summer Nationals show (7-2-2017) a few years back and got to see one of the best races I have personally witnessed in years.
Christopher Bell got the win that night out dueling Spencer Bayston, Tyler Courtney, Shane Golobic, & Jerry Coons Jr.
Any more questions on weather I've seen a USAC race refer to what I just typed.
Seen an MSCS race at Shadyhill a few years back.
The series only time there.
I'd ask many of you if many here on IOW if you have gone out of your way to watch a late model or modified show?
When it comes to racing, I don't discriminate on what I choose to watch when I'm not helping a friend with their race car.
I try to support my local tracks as much I can (Shadyhill & Kankakee).
I wish Shadyhill raced some sort of Open Wheel class weekly but that's not really a possibility or feasible since there mostly fender cars in the region.
Would be awesome If they could get the USAC Midwest Thunder Midgets on the schedule a few times, but until they upgrade the fencing, I don't see them running an open wheel show other than the BMARA Badger Midgets.
I've seen a ton of USAC races over the years.
Kokomo is one of my favorite tracks just wish they races a few more times a year.
I don't have an ax to grind.
Just this year I finally made got to make my first trip to Knoxville for the Knoxville Nationals and seen a race I had on my bucket list for as long as I could remember since the TNN was covering the race in the 80's.
Left my house and 3:00am and got there just after 8:00am and was the 1st person in line for a pit pass for the Saturday show.
Never left that line for any reason since they only sold so many pit passes, I wanted to make sure was able to get down to the infield to watch the show.
I to witness history with Donny Schatz winning his 10th career Knoville Nationals crown with a late race pass on David Gravel and coming that much closer to tying Steve Kinser record of 12 wins.
I catch what I can going to races on a budget.
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/25/22 at 12:41 PM.