View Single Post
5/15/22, 12:12 PM   #5
Re: Rainout Policy Input
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
So are you saying and this is hypothetical, lets say if it rains at the end of the heats the fans get 50% back and the drivers get 50% of the posted purse, after B's fans get 25% back(of the ticket price) and drivers get 75%(of the posted purse) etc.? I'm not sure that you wouldnt be creating your own problem without some kind of line(s) in the sand so the fans understand what to expect. If for some reason it rained after the first of the B mains in 3 classes and you deemed that the program was 80% complete there might be some pushback. But in reality drawing multiple lines in the sand seems like a good idea from both a fan and driver point of view. If you want to get real technical about it you could divide the number of laps run by the number of laps scheduled to be run and give the drivers that percentage and give the fans the number of laps rained out divided by the total scheduled laps. Have I got anyone confused yet?
Yes (to the confused part). Seriously, that sounds like it might be a bit more fair, but I would lean toward something which is simpler and more easily understood by fans and teams. The last thing a promoter wants is to be entangled in multiple arguments from people who think they got the short end of the stick because they don't fully understand the process. I really compliment you on the thought you put in to this!!!