View Single Post
Jonr (Offline)
  #64 2/2/23 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
Is this the one Promoted by Lasoski?
So, I am just a bleacher creacher, so my memory may not be 100% accurate. What I remember is there was someone in the KC area that was trying to do promote midget races in the area. I believe that he did the US-36 races on Sunday night during the Belleville High Banks midget week. He started to fill better and better about his promoting skills when he took on the Kemper deal. At some point, he decided he needed help to make Kemper a success. This is when he asked Lasoski to help him co-promote. The way it was explained back in the day was the the original guy was the money guy and Lasoski was there to help with publicity.

There were a lot of other stories going around like they went to the Lucas family to help fund some of the purse, and that the promoter was over extending himself comping hotel rooms for some of the teams.

It was a two day show and Friday was really bad. Saturday was marginally better, but still a sh1t show. Almost as soon as the races were over there was complaining about the purses being paid. What I remember was the midgets eventually got paid but the minis and micros did not.

If anyone can confirm/correct any of this, please do. Most of this is going off what was said on the RacinBoys forum pages and the RacinBoys radio show.

The really unfortunate thing about this is that it killed the Sunday show at US-36 during the midwest tour. Midgets are absolutely made for US 36.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, tirespinner