Thread: Gas City
View Single Post
6/25/22, 4:24 PM   #21
Tk04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Maybe you wasnt at the same track I was last night...maybe you had ear protection on and didnt hear anything the drivers and fans were saying.

They never worked the track an ounce until right before the Features and their trying their best? The announcer which was NOT The Rob Goodman, said it every single time he was on the PA about how bad the track was including driver interviews, but never worked the track until right before the Features, but they tried their best?

The officials in the infield would drive their ATVs to ALL the junk parts of the track and shake their heads and say something on the radios, but wouldnt work the track, but they tried their best? It was junk from the get go but went ahead and ran heats anyway after hot laps/qualifying instead of working on the track and didnt put drivers safety first, but they tried their best?

The officials on ATVs would go park on the track and tell the drivers to drive around all the holes and ruts, yet wouldnt stop the racing and work the track, but they tried their best? The push trucks was within inches of hitting the guardrails in turn 1 bc they didnt want to run into all the holes and ruts, and bust the hell out of their shocks and tear up their vehicles, which you cant blame them, but their trying their best?

The water truck driving around on floaters had water splashing up through the holes and ruts and anyone who wasnt legally blind or trashed drunk seen it but they tried their best? Didnt bother going and grabbing the track prep equipment and doing anything about it though, but they tried their best?

A wrecker had a D2 on the hook and damn near got stuck going from the infield to the pits and left ridiculous ruts that remained there until Feature time and bc of the wrecker coming from the South driving North leaving ruts in the same direction with drivers driving East to West and had no choice to drive over them, but they tried their best?

Maybe you didnt see all the speed bumps and all the cars hopping around everywhere, but they tried their best? Not a stitch of work until right before the Features and even then used the wrong piece of equipment, but they tried their best?

Maybe they did try their best at saving the diesel fuel that the track prep equipment uses!! Mind you, this is just about the track conditions, not everything else that was said and going on and being talked about all night nor am I going to talk about all those things bc I'm not here to badmouth GC, I'm praying they fix all the mistakes and problems.

Just stating in this post they did not try their best and anyone who knows anything about racing that was there last night, knows they didnt try their best. It looked like a motorx track.

Sadly, comments like this that "they tried their best" when they clearly didnt, is exactly what I'm afraid is gonna happen for regulars like myself that come every week, pay every week, look forward to it every week after a long hard work week.

Just blow it off, theres always Montpelier right, no biggy, Sprint car people can go to Eldora right, no biggy, and then all the sudden there is no cars for a race nor any fans nor a GCI69 Speedway.

Appears the stock cars might be headed in that direction already with 4 Street Stocks and 5 Hornets. No Mr. Eldora Mark, with all due respect to you sir, THEY DID NOT TRY THEIR BEST.
Ppl were not happy when it was dry slick, now it was to rough. I get it they missed. They went a little to far to the left, but they are trying. DO you expect them to rip it up after every heat race? Your opinion is yours and mine is mine, but they tried to rip it open after the heat races to not so much luck. It was def a miss, but they are trying. The track can't go both ways. It's been dusty as I can get out and they tried to resort back to how it has been and it was bad. At least an attempt was made, it just didn't work. The best track they have had was for midget week and mother nature ruined that. There has to be a happy medium and they will find it at some point. Sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted it to sir.