View Single Post
7/18/17, 12:03 PM   #41
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless1 View Post
As I read this thread, I am discussing sprint car racing with my 21 year old daughter, as I type this. She has seen non-wing sprints literally from coast to coast, Ventura and Perris to Tampa and North Carolina and many points in between. Neither she or her 17 year old brother have any interest in auto racing. Me and my wife are the same age, late 50's, and are life long midget and sprint car folks. My wife's brother still races midgets in Colorado and has for over 30 years. All that being said, I just asked her what she thinks about sprint car racing, this was her answer..."Well I think about sitting in the stands for a long time, loud noise, always looking the wrong direction when a crash or spin out happens and everybody yells, and the hot dogs in the silver wrappers, thats what I think about when I hear Sprint car racing"......My house is full of auto racing stuff, and my kids simply are not interested, my wife's brother has a college age daughter who has less interest in racing than my kids, she has maybe seen her own father race 2 or 3 times in her life. So I guess young ones just don't get into the sport the way we did, I can't explain it.
It's not all young people. Look at Sam McGhee. I, myself am 28 and my wife is 27 and we love going to sprint car races of any kind. I think it just depends on whether or not you're exposed, and then if you are exposed, do you enjoy it. Some people don't like the dirt and the noise, no matter their age. One of my racing buddies tried to bring his girlfriend to eldora for let's race 2. They're in their mid thirties and she didn't like it so much that she went out and sat in the campground. Now when she comes she pretty much comes just to camp. No interest in the racing at all.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55