View Single Post
10/1/22, 1:06 PM   #27
Re: FLO, Even I have a problem with this.
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
Even though I live in Pennsylvania I have attended 16 Oval Nationals weekends as a paying fan in the grandstands since my first one in 2000 and my last in 2017.

Although the racing is usually top notch, the place has always had attendance issues. The Thursday & Friday programs have always been sparsely attended, and I mean sparsely. I used to have conversations with Ken Wagner about how dismal the turnout was for such a great weekend of racing. He always made mention of the LA traffic and the number of other activities to do in the area going against the track. Others I talked to felt because of the lack of weekly sprint car racing at Perris the place never really developed a fanbase like Ascot/CRA did. So, the attendance problem thing is not new.

Scott D says that people message him for a shout out and that those people are staying home because of Flo, but could it be they can't afford to go because of the fascist politicians and their overreach that has bankrupt their once wonderful state? Flo may now provide the only way they can keep in touch with what transpires at Perris. Once Flo's gone, those people could be gone too, so be careful what you wish for.

Very few people know what the current Flo contracts and revenues are, so it is pure speculation on what money is being made and how it's distributed, so in my thinking to make Flo the boogieman even if it was doesn't really cut it as far as The PAS financial problems, as it's been a ongoing issue, fanned by COVID and even more now by the CA economy.

Does Don K have the right to express his concerns with USAC, FLO and other partners when they negotiate the future contract? Absolutely, but why air the dirty laundry video, what's that get you? It smells of victim mentality that seems prevalent and so unbecoming in our society today.
Jeff, cannot disagree with most of what you have posted. But you asked why the air dirty laundry video. If you start watching at just before the 11-minute mark, he basically explains it. He states that he has asked one of the entities to produce numbers and they will not do it. If they had, perhaps this issue would not exist. Somebody, and I do not know who, is making a %$#@ pile of money - especially with nearly all of the site ads being corporate dollars the past two seasons - and it is not the tracks or the teams.
Last edited by Scott Daloisio; 10/1/22 at 1:58 PM.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner