View Single Post
9/25/22, 6:26 PM   #26
Re: Did USAC mess up or does blame go elsewhere?
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
Interesting discussion. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. USAC, and quite frankly, any sanction are in a no win situation. Every keyboard jockey has an opinion, notwithstanding having zero real insider knowledge of the circumstance. Anytime a sanction makes a decision the knee jerk reactions begin. I don’t know the true circumstances here, and neither so any of you. I know Rose has ran off and on with USAC for years. I also know he posted his side of the story on social media and many immediately formulated their opinion based on that post. USAC countered. I’m not sure what else people want here, it’s a done deal. USAC made their decision to scratch the hooligan based on the 66 cars withdrawal. After that, and since the race has been run, there’s little more to deal with. Everybody wants a pound of flesh, when it seems in this instance it is a situation of nuance in which it’s difficult to find anyone to be a “bad” guy.
Just to clarify. Is this post not from a keyboard jockey and just a prophecy of truth?? Once again for the record. This board is designed for people to discuss their thought and opinion of a situation. Usac wanted a spot light when making some of their huge rules decisions in the past so now they are under a microscope for all decisions. Unfortunately it’s where we are. Perception is usually 9/10ths the reality and the general feeling about current leadership is not held in high esteem by many. Get over it. No one can make the perfect decision all of the time, but history teaches that when a habit of questionable decisions are made, those making the decisions are not simply accepted as correct.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Hubie48, mc/rider