View Single Post
Ray3 (Offline)
  #62 7/15/22 3:02 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
Dude....
I can't take you too seriously when you over-simplify the way you did. The expenses are WAY OVER $1 million.
Duuuude,

It was stated in an interview that the Chili Bowl costs $1 million to produce. I didn't pull the number out of nowhere. So its not "WAY OVER" $1 million as you say. I would think the staff knows what it costs better than you do.

"An event spokesperson says the total expense to put on the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals each January exceeds a million dollars when factoring the cost to build the track, insurance for both the Chili Bowl and the proceeding Tulsa Shootout, staff and security for both events, a month of rent for the facility and the purse."

I interpret this to mean it costs between $1 million and $1,999,999.00 to produce the race. Still $3-4million in profits based on ticket sales, entries and pit passes and whatever TV rights, sponsors, and fuel sales are.

https://www.racingamerica.com/news/d...urse-as-factor

I am just utterly amazed at people these days. What are you guys trying to prove by making things up and going against data, facts, the promoters own words, etc. Who does it benefit when you do that? Certainly not the racers or anyone else except Hahn. I love watching the Chili Bowl. It is an incredible event. There is nothing like it. But lets not deify the place.