View Single Post
4/20/24, 8:51 AM   #8
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

DSC is right. ARRIVE EARLY, especially if this is your first Indy 500. You should be parked by 8am or earlier so traffic does not spoil your day. I-465 will jam up that early. For parking, think where your seats are and try to park in that general area. The neighborhood to the west of the Speedway is safe and reasonable. Remember this theory: Closer you park, the later you get out. Arrive early to watch all the pageantry. Take your own food and drinks! You don't want to pay expensive prices at the track and wait in long lines. If you don't have scanners, take ear plugs. Take sunscreen if in the sun. Watch the weather. You may need a poncho or a sweatshirt. I'm like you and many others - going to Anderson the night before. I know it will be a short night. Two 500's in two days is epic.

If you don't have tickets yet, better start looking now. Everyone has a different opinion on where to sit. Many love turns 3 and 4. Many love the front stretch to see the pit stops. Think about those views. Have fun!
Last edited by Grocery Guy; 4/20/24 at 8:58 AM.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, fourteen fan