View Single Post
5/5/22, 12:48 AM   #15
Re: What's your take on this Robert Ballou rant?
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Charles, you said a mouthful and I agree with most of it. Now I’m not the only one who has said it but I’ll reiterate. Flo and other streaming platforms give me access to race tracks and racing I’m never going to go to anyway as well as some, maybe geographically more friendly that I might now consider. Here’s something that is a fact and I think is some of what they’re selling to potential advertisers on Flo. They have the capability to show regional adds on their show. I’ll give you an example. The local independent supermarket chain in my neck of the woods is called Strack & VanTils. I actually saw an add for them on Flo last year. I already shop there most of the time, but seeing that ad on my favorite broadcast reminds me to go there more often. Another example of what’s good with Flo, is I’ve found out California wing racing is the next best thing to Indiana wingless. Usually gnarly cushions and elbows up. I would’ve never been able to know that without traveling from Indiana to California. Well I could watch YouTube on it but I don’t do that much. And guess what, I’ve seen sponsors on California cars that made me look them up to see if it’s something I might want shipped to me. So as everyone else has said, and I wholeheartedly agree, you don’t beat the at track experience, but the stream has opened a lot of eyes to things that some might never have seen.
I agree on the California races. Many times I have spent the evening at Lincoln Park and made it home in time to see most of the California races. And Late Models I would have never thought that I would enjoy watching them but it motivated me to go to Circle City last year when Hell Tour and WoO Late models were there. That being said I would imagine since Robert works for one of the new promoters of THAT he might be privy to how the transaction between streaming services and tracks works.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, nathans1012