View Single Post
Speedmax3 (Offline)
  #16 1/26/23 2:10 PM
I think a great majority of fans & car owners were concerned when Jerry accepted the Eldora position that Gas City might be in jeopordy. He was now on one year contracts to promote Gas City and the Eldora position brought him stability. We all know the track had been closed for a few years after "Jiggs" retired from promoting there and it didn"t work out with the replacement. Jack Himelick would have been willing to sell the track during that time and it's still for sale as I believe Jack is in his mid 80's now. It's definately not a money pit but some consider the asking price steep but that Jack's right to ask his price, so anyone looking to purchase a nice facility here's your opportunity. Jerry approached Jack four years ago about reopening the track under his promotion and brought it back to life and then some. He absolutely showed Gas City can have successful weekly programs under the right leadership. Everyone knows that Jerry couldn't be easily replaced and hoped for the best when Larry took over. In his defense it all happened quickly. There's not a huge pool of promoters out there and I didn't know Larry but heard he was a hard working pretty nice guy. I think we all want Gas City to continue to be open and successful and I hope he's heartfelt in his post to get things better because there were more than one or two nights of terrible track conditions, conflict, and miscommunication was a big issue with race teams. Last year was not a good year and lets clear the slate and hope this years a better one! We all want and need Gas City and don't want lose a great facility!
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, DirtTrackTherapy16J, erich45, OnTheHammer, Pancho Stapp, tirespinner, Will Shunk