View Single Post
Ken Bonnema (Offline)
  #37 11/22/14 2:11 PM
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan:
Dad, if you want a 600c motor. Go buy a micro or mini. If you want a tq motor.. 836.. Then run a damn tq. That's what's wrong with tq racing now.. You got to many people trying to change tq racing and in result you have a lot of tqs sitting in the shop collecting dust.
Thank YOU Devin. You guys are making my point for me and PLEASE don't anyone take this personally it is in NO WAY meant as such. BADCOUPE has a Motor sitting that he wants to put in one. It has a custom crank and rods that he spent a great deal of money on. Meanwhile, DAD thinks we should go to full Midgets. First off, these are T.Q. or Three Quarter Midgets, not underpowered full Midgets. Cost?? Ya gotta buy a Midget Kit 'cause the front axle is wider and the pick up points are different so it better have the radius/tie/steering rods or you get to buy those too. Driveline and Tube won't work, the're too short. You need a CUSTOM Motorplate 'cause no one puts 750 Hondas in full Midgets. Do your Birdcages work with the new chassis?? Better hope so or.....$$$$. In NO WAY does that Idea save Money. Another guy is working on a High Velocity Manifold. Great, and if it adds significant H.P. and/or Torque everybody's gotta get one or not be competitive. I have been hearing since the late 90's about 750's not being available. Right now there is a plug and play 750 for sale on IOW for $6500.00. It's even injected, just bolt in and go. Here are 3 cars for sale on the West Coast

http://www.wstqmidgets.com/Classified.html
The 66 car is just plain fast. $7500.00 with spares. SMOKIN' Deal. The 11 car might be my old one as it's a Hart/Hart. Motor needs fresh job for $4500.00. Sign me up!! The Stewart for $3500 is a nice starter car. I know ya gotta get 'em out here but Chili Bowl's comin' so that should be pretty cheap. The problem with our sport is that no one will say......NO. Again, you guys have around 50 T.Q.'s running on any given weekend out here. The class doesn't seem broke so...........