View Single Post
3/2/20, 9:53 AM   #4
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
I will try to be positive, but wonder about the car numbers. So Michigan now has a crate sprint car class from a race track no one has heard of before. So how many crate sprint cars do they have to put on a race? I will also ask the same of the 1000 cc lightning sprints. I google map the Orleans speedway
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1023.../data=!3m1!1e3

Looks like the Jackson minisprint race track has more grand stands and the parking lot is a mud pit race track.
It’s a series that started with crate late models. They added crate sprints after PLYMOUTH dropped them. I’ve been keeping up on this through out the winter. It’s a new series. As we all know anything new takes time. I’ve heard of Orleans Raceway. They were supposedly closed by the city a while back and have re-opened. It will take time to build the series. Their not stuck at one track now. A few of the races are non wing. As far as the late models go.
; they have a chance at getting 20 cars a race. The sprints we won’t know about yet until mid season how things are going. Just my thoughts. They had other tracks signed with the series this year just couldn’t find dates at didn’t conflict with others. Some of those tracks included Gas City & Oakshade.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike