View Single Post
3/15/09, 10:26 PM   #8
Re: Gold Crown Story on Speed
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.
Production of the cars will now commence with four different chassis constructors –
Ashmore Design, Devin Race Cars, Riley Technologies and Rock Chassis.

Ashmore Design

Bruce Ashmore is obviously a very talented and accomplished guy considering his former years with Lola Cars , the Indy Reynard car development and his work with Ganassi.
But this is also his second go-round on a USAC project having been instrumental in the former New Generation Silver Crown car built by C&R Racing.
This is the car that is most closely related to the definition of ugly.
Yet , Mr. Ashmore has distanced himself to that association by stating to Bob Gates in a NSSN article , quote - " I don't know who was responsible , I can guess , but there's no reason that the looks of the car had to be forced on us ". I'm not convinced that Ashmore will be getting his way this time , either.
Ashmore Design doesn't seem to have a web-site , least I can't find it.

Devin Race Cars

They don't seem to have a web-site either other than the DRC site. This is Joe Devin of the DRC Chassis Co., Gasoline Alley , Indy. DRC is largely a manufacturer of Sprint Car chassis and has had great success in that endeavor. The DRC site makes no mention of a Gold Crown project. DRC was a former manufacturer of the New Generation Silver Crown car.

Riley Technologies

Riley was formerly here in Indy ; moved the entire operation to Mooresville , North Carolina in 2006. Riley is the primary supplier of the Daytona Prototype for the Rolex Grand Am ; also projects with Porsche , Mazda and Corvette. Riley seems to have a lot on their plate already. The Riley web-site , http://www.rileytech.com also makes no mention of a Gold Crown project. Riley also constructed the former New Generation Silver Crown car.

Rock Chassis

Never heard of 'em. Has anyone else ?
They don't seem to have a web-site either.

All former New Generation Silver Crown cars were supplied by -
* Stealth Motorsports ( Joey Martin )
* Devin Racing Chassis ( Joe Devin )
* Keith Kunz Motorsports ( Keith Kunz )
* Riley Technologies ( Bob & Bill Riley )
* C & R Racing ( Chris Paulsen )

So this is a second time around for Devin , Riley and Ashmore ( having worked with C&R ).
I'd like more info on Rock. Maybe they will try to get this right the first time ! :thumb

:Steer
Last edited by pgray; 3/15/09 at 11:13 PM.