View Single Post
10/3/08, 2:05 PM   #5
Re: USAC Gold Crown "Road Course" testing.
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I disagree. Why is there a need for another USAC series that runs the same tracks? The SC cars should be running the ovals…..they don’t need another “higher” series running them too. There is no need to be running tracks over 1 mile with these cars. That was a bad decision for a new car in the first place IMO. Daytona sold them on the need for that and we see what happened with that. Why have these cars run an all oval series when they already have a “top” level of USAC with the SC cars? Remember they were pretty much at least 40 cars strong at most races before the mistake was made. I don’t see them being able to put together enough of a schedule to entice people to buy in to a Gold Crown all oval series. I’ve thought that all along when they scraped the car for a year. I sure don’t want them to “steal” pavement ovals from the current SC cars to fill out a schedule.

They have to find SOMETHING to do with these cars. I don’t think USAC really needs to be in the road racing business per se. However, this might not be bad with these cars (with some modifications). Maybe some road racing experience will help guys with the IRL. Not likely, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt. The owners couldn’t use the no road racing experience card. It could give them exposure to teams on ovals and roads. If it’s not a person’s thing, then just follow the other three series like always.