View Single Post
9/18/08, 7:24 PM   #188
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
davex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar97 View Post
It somewhat amuses me to see the bashing and negativity about both clubs. The ones bashing are mostly people just trying to stir things up along with a few people from UMRA. The new club has not even started and people are already bashing it. At least give it a chance and see how things go. How can so many negative comments appear from talk about a new club that has not even started yet? You don't see any of the big dawgs like Goff, Willis, Speidell, Martz on here complaining and taking sides. They are probably looking to the positive side of things such as having more opportunities to race and seeing how things unfold when the new series is launched. I think some are jumping to conclusions before things even get started.
1. Although Terry Goff is still the smoothest driver out there, there has been alot of talk that he might retire after this year. If that's the case, you won't have to worry about him. Not sure what will happen with the other Goff cars??????
2. Speidell has not looked like himself lately, possibly his wreck has finally settled him down some. With a dirt sprintcar also, probably won't have to worry about him.
3. Martz has been really quick all year but now has a trashed TQ racecar. And he has a pavement sprintcar also. Probably won't have to worry about him.
4. Willis has been quick and having good runs. I look for him to be a strong contender next season.
Point is, even if top contenders look elsewhere, the series still thrives on the young up and coming drivers, which is what the club was started for. Many top sprintcar drivers have came from TQ's to move up the ladder, the talent comes and goes. With two series of TQ racing it will help these guys race more and learn quicker by getting more seat time if they choose. Granted that the schedules don't conflict with each other.