View Single Post
8/27/08, 11:11 PM   #8
Re: Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeleynSmoke View Post
Since JJ has been out of that car, The car has had a 38th place finish at Watkins Glen, and that was because of a Huge Crash with ten laps to go. Before that- The car was 43rd.

At Michigan- The car finished 38th again and that was because of crashes and Blown engines. Basically he raced around the track almost the WHOLE RACE in 43rd place.

Kenny Schrader took it over next- He qualified a really good 7th, but he dropped to 18th by lap 60 and fell back even further into 30th place or more by midway. He also grabbed some spots due to some big wreck and came home with a decent 21st place finish.

The car has been very bad , but with Logano coming over from JGR to drive 5 races, I think Joey might get some good equipment and you might be seeing a difference in the car this weekend. Just a guess.

But the car prior to that- JJ was doing the very best he could. They just never really listened to him. He asked them at Indy to take 4 tires and they did a two tire stop. At one race he had to battle from one lap down due to the water bottle incident and the last race he drove the car- They ran him out of gas with 5 laps to GO!! Not one- But 5!!! Thats not a JJ issue.

Oh Well- I will never believe that JJ was the problem in the 18 or the 96! He just has had some poor equipment and when the car was good- Dang- SOmething broke or someone crashed him out.
I am in total agreement with you on him not getting good equipment. I still think he has the talent but I don't know if anyone will give him a chance now. That stinks!!!