Thread: Ballou
View Single Post
10/23/23, 11:36 AM   #37
Re: Ballou
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
A real quick way to make all of this go away is just to let people do whatever they want with their tires. We already know that Hoosier doesn't really care about the quality of their product. Why should they? If you want to race, you have to buy from them. Also, the "little guy" might be able to make a take-off tire actually work a little better. Just let people cut, sipe, soak, or whatever they want. If their tire only lasts 8 laps, fine. If they find some magical formula to let it grip better and still make a whole feature, great. Secrets don't stay secrets very long in the racing world, so any advantage will be short lived. Some will say, "What about the cost?" Well, let's put this in perspective. The cost of racing is immense even before you add in the half million dollar haulers. The cost of tires, while not negligable, is nothing in comparison to what it costs just to field a car and get it to the track. If you're really that concerned with tire costs, you put a one right rear per night rule in and let people do whatever they want with that one right rear. Let's put this whole tire testing garbage to bed and just open it up. I hate the Hoosier monopoly and always have, but if you have to run their junk, let people try to make them a little better.
Sounds reasonable to me, but I don't know diddley about sprint car tires....

1 member likes this post: oppweld