View Single Post
8/1/23, 11:20 PM   #23
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

I just got home and kudos to High Limit team. NO MESSING AROUND! When I saw that the FLO broadcast started at 5:40PM Eastern time, I figured the show would start early which it did. Dillon Welch and his team sounded great on the PA. Congrats to Justin Peck for setting a new track record. First heat race rolled off about 7:25pm. Heat races were a typical winged race parade of speed with not much passing. The feature delivered! Looked like a video game with the leaders running high, low and slide jobs galore through lapped traffic. Kudos to Justin for a Hoosier getting the win and big pay-day! Feature ended about 9pm and back to Indy by 10:30pm. Just enough fireworks prior to the race and post-race to entertain the crowd. Based on parking, I'd say the crowd was just shy of the USAC sprint week attendance. Gotta be happy with a huge Tue night crowd. Again, props to High Limit and FLO for pulling off a Tuesday night show and getting the fans to their cars by 9:15pm! They've clearly demonstrated they can execute their sprint car and late model Tue night shows and get the fans out early! 🏁