Thread: ReThink
View Single Post
7/5/23, 2:57 PM   #15
Re: ReThink
cornerthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
Before it stopped? Seriously? Do you, of all the experts, not know when someone brings out an intentional yellow?…. Running in 20th position with 12 laps to go, and not running for points.
I don’t know Brandon Mattox from Barney Oldfield. I don’t care what a great guy he is.
He is just part of a growing problem (in MY opinion) that this work area thing is getting ridiculous.
Used to be you would get penalized for bringing out an intentional yellow.
Now, a guy running 20th can bring out a yellow because he feels like it. Then come back out and finishes 21st?… And doesn’t care how it might affect the race?
This is going on everywhere, not just this example.
I partially see the “he’s running for points” argument, but I guess i grew up in an era that if car, or driver has an issue, you’re done. Better luck next race….. And Mr. Mattox isn’t even running for points.
Now stopping purposely is the norm. Doesn’t matter if the leader drove his butt off to get a 1/2 straightaway lead. Or, a guy spent 6 laps trying to get around someone and now has to go back behind him because someone else brought out an intentional yellow. That, again, in my opinion, is a joke… No matter how great of person they are.
I saw a 100 lap late model race this spring where a guy did it twice in the first 30 laps to adjust the car and finished 4th, I hated it because you know other will start doing it also

1 member likes this post: tirespinner