View Single Post
5/17/23, 10:06 AM   #25
Re: We’ll see tomorrow
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
For the loved of God, please don't. This is the absolutely worse way to start a race. A guaranteed 20-30 minutes of downtime that is not needed.

What is even worse is staging the car and then trying to do driver interviews. 90% of the drivers don't want to be interviewed and are trying their best just to end the interview as soon as they can. 70% of the interviews will have some sort of feedback/static on the wireless microphone which will cause most of the interview not to be heard.

Finally, depending on the show, some of the interviews are just silly.

Announcer "Hey Driver X, you are starting 23rd tonight, what do you have to do tonight to be up near the front"
Driver X: "Well as you know, we have a 360 and it is impossible to compete with these 410's, but the promoter is a friend of mine and he asked me to do him a favor and be field filler. I am hoping to be able to pull it into the infield before I get into any trouble."*

* Actually, interview from back in the day.
I can't agree with you more. . . down here in southeast Texas, it seems that they take great pains to make a show last hours longer than needed. Between far to many stock car classes (and modified classes, too for that matter). . . One track even allowed the fans on to the track when the cars were staged. . . . of course most of these tracks are closed now, and paved over. . . There is only one 1/4 mile dirt track within 100 miles of Houston now. An incredibly huge market for racing. . .and that one track still gets meager crowds.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner