View Single Post
11/27/22, 4:25 PM   #8
Re: Usac: Grant prix: A dream victory for jg at turkey night
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
From the story:

“Three-time Turkey Night winner Kyle Larson (Elk Grove, Calif.) was an unexpected entrant into the race, only deciding to participate about 36 hours earlier on Thursday evening following a glass or two of wine on Thanksgiving night while watching video of a few classic Turkey Night Grand Prix races.* Larson placed a phone call to CB Industries team owner Chad Boat, and by Saturday afternoon, Larson was signing in to compete at Ventura Raceway.”
Yes, Richie, those stories have a lot of GOOD information. I hope to fully dissect it this evening.

I "had" wondered about the "open seat"; was all. As this news came out (on Twitter, etc), I did not wonder anymore about that part...lol. (Barely relevant, but I'd tend to think some of the same crew members worked on all the CBI cars though, and their day would have been busier if Jade & Kyle were both racing...but I do imagine more people were available with or without Kyle.)

All I know for sure is the TNGP is a GREAT historic event for racing (always looked forward to the NSSN in the mail with midgets on the cover!) and everyone that does anything involved with it is much appreciated; especially for those of us who just read what we can on the internet. Yes I miss it on Thanksgiving night, but I have no problem with it being on Saturday either. It would be neat if it makes MavTv someday (I know it's on FLO, and they are the same company, but I think more people can happen across Mav than FLO. I could - also - be wrong about that too...).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner