View Single Post
4/16/22, 9:39 AM   #34
Re: So is there a real, lasting tire option for full up spri
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

I am not an economics professor, but in my opinion, the fact that Continental now owns the Hoosier brand, along several other brands, Hoosier is now more beholding to the stockholders of Continental than to the racers who buy their product. The stock market fluctuates wildly on a regular basis, but the few shares I have owned for a long time in various companies have grown in value. From what I learned in Economics 101 over 50 years ago, to increase stock value you need to increase demand for your product or service. You can do that by making the best product on the market, cut the cost to manufacture your product or reduce your product's competition by merger or buyouts. If you want to race you need to buy tires. If a track or organization says to race with us you MUST have this tire, you are reducing that product's competition thus increasing the value of the stock. Again, I am not an economics professor but a retired science teacher who stressed to the kids observation was the key to problem solving. Observe the problem, gather as much information about the problem, form a hypothesis to solve the problem, test the hypothesis (experiment), collect data, evaluate if your hypothesis was valid, (did the data support or reject your hypothesis.) There has to be a solution out there to our problem, we just have to work at finding it.

4 members like this post: erich45, Oleman61x, The Old Coyote, TQ29m