View Single Post
12/28/21, 10:41 PM   #1
Born at the right time
flagboy55

Having a birthday a couple weeks ago, and then going to visit my Dad out on Arizona, I got to feeling a bit reflective, both far and near. Thanks to my Dad, and even earlier, his father and brothers, our family was bit by the racing bug and it seems relentless in its grip on our lives. And because of our history in the sport we all love, and my Dad exposing us to it at an early age, I’ve had the great privilege of seeing so many of the absolute best. While I didn’t see a few of the greats in their prime, nonetheless I’ve seen them in person on short tracks of a mile or less. Just to name a few that I’ve been thankful to see; Foyt, Hurtabise, Tatersall, Tripp, Vogler, Hewitt, Pancho, Opperman, Kinser’s Swindell, Wolfgang, Steele, Kenyon,Stewart, Gordon, Bettenhausen, Shuman, Dickson, Jones, Jones, Bell, and Larson. How’s that for a slice of racing royalty taken in from a kid to just about officially an old man? That’s just some of the many outstanding racers I’ve been able to watch. The great thing is, hopefully it’s a long way from the checkers, and I’m looking forward to adding more names to the list. But for now, I think it’s been one hell of a show!