View Single Post
12/23/20, 2:03 PM   #26
Re: Thursday night thunder / hoosier harvest shootout
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Non wing sprints need better (higher) paying purses BUT and its a big but, Tracks need MORE fans in the stands. I can understand owners, drivers going winged racing cuz of more money. Saw a post on here couple days ago where Clauson Marshall team (Sunshine"s team) was going to run the All Stars this coming year so there goes another top USAC ride. I"ve taken newbies before and they thought it was great but can"t get them to go like most of us on IOW, Wish I knew how to get people to tracks. I don"t think FREE nights work, most of those people show up cuz of one reason, FREE and then don"t see them till next time its free again. Guys Gals, any idea?
Give the fans a free sheet of paper with the car numbers and drivers. Then either beef up the existing track speakers so you can hear the announcer while they are putting heat in the engines pre-hot laps or have a specific time in between wherein the announcer explains the format - quals, heats, B Main, Feature, inverts, etc. I have sat in the stands at tracks before explaining formats to "new" fans and at times they have looked at me like I have lost my mind, or something.

Make it simple - explain it.