View Single Post
9/24/17, 6:17 PM   #18
Re: Eldora racing surface?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not true, If you find the thread from a Eldora-USAC special they ran honoring the relationships 50th or 60th anniversary race, I heaped nothing but praise on a track that on a 90* day never took rubber, no dust. Ballou and Stockon from the tail of the A to top four until Ballou broke. It was a great night.

I guess telling the truth is taboo and if someone don't agree, ya just hurl insults.
It's ok, Rich H been going to races at eldora and elsewhere long before I was born.

I guess giving a track, second, third, and 15th chances to impress you like the place did for 15 years straight is wrong. I didn't miss many big shows from 87- to about 2004, winged or non winged.

I guess expecting the "Worlds Greatest Dirt Track" to live up to it's name, not just in racing but racing surface etc is asking too much. As it's been in my experience I've seen about 2 great tracks in about 15 visits under Smoke. Not saying there haven't been a lot of good surface races, just saying of the races I've attended.

Not bashing BOOS in any way, the marketing, presentation everything there is top notch. And yet all this equipment sits once the green flag drops and not a finger's lifted to try to improve it.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/24/17 at 6:27 PM.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, mc/rider, motorhead748, RichH, sc17x