Thread: the burg
View Single Post
9/16/17, 11:55 PM   #22
Re: the burg
Gregg

I know Fishburger promised I would have a rundown. But I have to admit I dropped the ball. There was not even shiny things to distract me. The last seven laps got a little crazy. On the final restart Swanson looked like he got sideways and had to gather it up. Bilbee could not slow fast enough and climbed his wheel. Moffatt, behind Bilbee did a pirouette to miss both of them and lost more ground than anybody. This jumbled up the standings quite a bit.

When all was shook out, Landon Simon found himself in 2nd and closing in on Swanson. The handling seemed to have went away on his car but somehow managed to bring his car home for the win over Simon.

Westerfeld did not have the best of nights. He drew a bad pill draw in his heat and could not race his way to a transfer position. Started 18th in the feature. Brought it up to 11th by the 5th lap, trying hard, perhaps too hard and got together with Tony DiMattia.

With Westerfeld out, the championship was Kinsers but not so fast. Kinser admitted to having temperature issues with his engine. He was dropping back to make sure the motor wouldn't blow.

I admit we talk to Shawn most every week he runs. I was pulling for him but Jordon Kinser won the championship and I'm very happy for him. The last time the Kinser won the championship it was Sheldon Kinser Jr in 1998 and, as with this evening a Kinser won it driving the Hurst Brothers sprinter.

Sorry I don't have more on the finishing order.
Last edited by Gregg; 9/17/17 at 6:05 AM.