2/28/17, 10:15 PM   #46
Re: Midget Motors
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
What the rules package being, "bashed"?
Nobody said chain drives can't be competitive, that I recollect, just that they belong in a mini-sprint, not an automotive midget. IMHO.
D2 rules include both; saying chain drive doesn't belong isn't bashing? OK....
When Midget racing began in the '30's and up into the ' 50's(and no, I'm not old enough to remember), there were cars powered by JAP V-twins, water cooled Harleys (Drakes), Ford V-8 60, Offy & Samson DOHC 4's, Elto 2-stroke outboards and even Ferguson tractor engines; chain, shaft, anything went. No one is trying to pretend the D2/Speed2 format is the ultimate in open wheel racing but it sure is a lot of fun, and I don't have to buy an engine that cost more than my house to participate; granted, I'm not D2 "legal" because I committed to a platform prematurely, that was not voted in after I had been given reassurances that it would be, by someone who is no longer involved but the basic premise for choosing what I did still applies where I am allowed to run. Montpelier's rules may be too liberal for some, but they work for me and D2/Speed2 works for what it is too.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 2/28/17 at 10:30 PM.

4 members like this post: DAD, kendirt, Roy Bleckert, trannyman