Thread: LPS Track!!
View Single Post
5/14/14, 6:53 PM   #7
Re: LPS Track!!
Hotshoe65s

It is pretty simple if you ask me. If you want cars in the pits then keep the track exactly like it has been, dry and slick. It allows for better passing and it's easier on equipment.
The hammer down, banging the cushion, heavy stuff is all great for the fans. But for the drivers that just means one lane, hard on equipment, and a rough night.
And I'm not just some fan that sits in the stands. I've been racing there this year and have really thought the track was great. There was one week it was a little overwatered, but I think that's just because the weather went to overcast about 4:30.
Drivers will support a track that is dry slick, and is consistently prepped the same each week. If they start overwatering it then I guarantee the cars start going other places. I for one cannot replace ball joints and body panels each week because of a rough track.
But thankfully LPS has been great this year. Keep up the great work LPS crew, and have a happy birthday Joe!

6 members like this post: davidm, jim goerge, kcarm92, Midget 89, mowerman, TSN Motorsports