Thread: Gas City
View Single Post
4/18/14, 11:59 PM   #55
Re: Gas City
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

For an opening night under new management I thought everything went pretty well. Sure I would have enjoyed more competitive heats but the semi & the feature were well worth it. The track apparently was to the drivers liking in the feature. I had the finish with Cottle-1st (up from 14th starting position); Stanbrough-2nd (up from 12th starting position); Cockrum-3rd (up from 15th starting position); Darland-4th (up from 19th starting position and Boespfug-5th (up from 8th starting position. Stanbrough and Clauson were battling it out early on and then Stanbrough pulled away to a big lead. The final caution flag came out with 10 to go and it was then Stanbrough and Cottle battling wheel to wheel for a bit, with Cottle eventually pulling out the win.

A shout out also to both Chet Gerhke and Issac Chapple for their midget drives. Chapple won the heat and finished second in the feature while Gerhke finished second in the heat and won the feature.

Also a shout out to Rob Goodman and Brett Bowman who are announcing at Gas City. They did an excellent job of getting lineups read prior to cars being on the track. Thank you very much on a job well done.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 4/19/14 at 12:08 AM.